Community InformationMontgomery County, MD
- American Marketing Services, Inc
- Association Trends
- Custom News
- Editorial Projects In Education
- I A Q Publications Inc
- International Medical News Group Corp
- Montgomery County Sentinel
- Post-Newsweek Media, Inc.
- Takoma Voice
- The Washington Diplomat
- Washington Post Newspaper Metro News Bureaus
- Gazette Newspapers
- Potomac Almanac
- Maryland-National Capital Park
- Patuxent River State Park - is comprised of 6,700 acres of natural areas and farmlands. Recreational use is primarily hunting, fishing, hiking and horseback riding.
- Seneca Creek State Park The park, comprised of 6,300 acres, extends along 14.75 scenic miles of Seneca Creek, as it winds its way to the Potomac River.
- Adventist HealthCare - is a non-profit, network of health care providers that includes hospitals, home health agencies, nursing centers and other health care services.
- Holy Cross Hospital - is a faith-based, mission-driven community teaching hospital serving the residents of Montgomery and Prince George's Counties.
- Laurel Regional Hospital - is a full-service community hospital serving northern Prince George's County and Montgomery, Howard, and Anne Arundel counties with 146 beds and 670 employees.
- Suburban Hospital Healthcare System - is a community-owned hospital serving Montgomery County and the surrounding area since 1943.
- Adventure Theatre World premieres, comedies, musicals, classics, contemporary works--you'll see them all in this 53rd season!
- Imagination Stage - is the largest and most respected multi-disciplinary theatre arts organization for young people in the region.
- Olney Theatre Center - offers a diverse array of professional productions year-round that enrich, nurture and challenge a broad range of artists, audiences and students. One of two state theaters of Maryland, OTC is situated on 14 acres in the heart of the beautiful Washington-Baltimore-Frederick "triangle," within easy access of all three cities.
- Round House Theatre Each season, Round House presents an eclectic body of work on its MainStage. Our plays range from world premieres through the finest writing of this century to contemporary adaptations of the classics.
- The National Capital Trolley Museum The collections consist of 17 streetcars from Washington D.C. and other cities. Many of these are operated on a one-mile demonstration railway.
- Circuit Court for Prince George's County
- Office of The Sheriff Mission: To fulfill the duties of the Office of the Sheriff in a fair, professional and dignified manner so as to inspire and maintain the confidence and trust of the public.
- Office of Emergency Management The Office of Emergency Management is one of the agencies under the Office of Homeland Security and as such, it is responsible for the coordination of all County agencies, private organizations, businesses, persons, and other counties, cities and political subdivisions, to ensure the complete utilization of all available resources to effectively and efficiently mitigate, prepare for, respond to, and recover from any natural, technological or manmade emergency or disaster, regardless of size or complexity, including acts of terrorism.
- Office of Law The mission of the Office of Law is to serve all County agencies and citizens who have matters requiring Office of Law review in an expeditious and professional manner, to effectively enforce the civil laws of the County, and to be creative and responsive in its service to County agencies in all matters
- Police Department The Prince George's County Police Department is the primary law enforcement agency in the County. The goals of our Department are to contribute to a high quality of life by maintaining a peaceful and orderly community, by protecting the lives and property of our citizens, by reducing the opportunity for individuals to commit criminal acts, and by effectively investigating and apprehending persons suspected of committing criminal acts. The Department is committed to accomplishing these goals by working alongside you, the citizens of our community
- Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department The Fire/EMS Department strives to improve the quality of life in Prince George's County by promoting safety, and providing the highest quality of fire prevention, fire protection, emergency medical services, and community outreach programs
- State Attorney The State's Attorney's Office prosecutes anyone charged with committing a crime in Prince George's County. This includes crimes of violence, like murder, rape, robbery and assault, as well as nonviolent crimes against citizens and their properties. The State's Attorney's Office also investigates charges of police and public official misconduct and misuse of funds, and works to educate the community about crime prevention and the criminal justice system
- Doctors Community Hospital
- Bowie Health Campus is a unique 60-acre property providing for the health care needs of all ages, from newborns to the elderly.
- Laurel Regioanl Hospital The Mission of Laurel Regional Hospital is to provide comprehensive and valued healthcare services
- Saint Luke Institut is a licensed, private residential facility and institute for research and education specializing in promoting the health and well-being of women and men religious, clergy and others involved in church ministry.
- Southern Maryland Hospital is recognized for its centers of excellence in Maternal Child Health, Outpatient Services, and Mental Health Services. But the true distinction of Southern Maryland Hospital is comprehensiveness.
- Department of Public Works and Transportation Up-to-date contact listings; roadway construction schedules; route maps, fare and scheduling information for TheBus, Metrobus, Metrorail, leaf collection and snow removal information, etc.
- Maryland Transit Administration provides a network of transit and rail and freight services to our customers throughout Maryland in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner that supports the economy and the environment.
- Transit Services
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Dillon's Bus Service Whether its a charter, airport shuttle or group tour we are the company that will fulfill your transportation needs.
- Cedarville State Forest Hiking, Biking and Equestrian Trails--There are 19.5 miles of marked trails. They wind past the loblolly pine plantations planted by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930's, by a charcoal kiln, and through farm areas where springs and streams were used to make "moonshine."
- Piscataway Park stretches for 6 miles from Piscataway Creek to Marshall Hall on the Potomac River.
- Fort Washington Fort Washington has stood as silent sentry defending the Nation's Capital, for over 180 years. As technologies advanced so did Fort Washington. Fort Washington is one of the few remaining Seacoast Forts in its original designs
- Department of Parks & Recreation Our Department of Parks & Recreation in Prince George's County offers terrific opportunities for residents and visitors. We have community centers and arts facilities, fitness trails and aquatics centers, peaceful open space and sports for all ages. There's something for everyone!
- Prince George's County Memorial Library System The mission is to promote and make available resources that will fill the lifelong learning needs of individuals and groups in Prince George's County.
- Maryland State Law Library The primary function of the library is to support the research activities of the States' two appellate courts and court-related units of the Judiciary.
- Clarice Smith Perfoming Arts Center
- Bowie Playhouse is the city-owned 150-seat theatre. It is home to 10 different performing arts groups - featuring the Bowie Community Theatre. The Playhouse presents a variety of plays, concerts and dance recitals.
- National Ballet Inc is Maryland's oldest professional ballet company.
- Hard Bargain Players On many summer evenings the Amphitheater at Hard Bargain Farm shoots light beyond branch and leaf. Under this canopy of oak trees, local music and theater come alive, and after a brief stroll down a lit path, the best-kept secret in central Maryland reveals itself.
- The Latin American Folk Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to build community through art education and affordable cultural programs.
- Laurel Mill Playhouse
- Historical Sites and Museums department of Parks & Recreations.
- Park View Medical Group
- Frederick County Health Department The Frederick County Health Department works to assure that Core Public Health Functions and Essential Public Health Services are provided to every person, in every community, everywhere in Frederick County
- Frederick Memorial Hospital For over 100 years Frederick Memorial Hospital has been caring for the healthcare needs of an ever-growing community.
- Maryland State Police The mission of The Maryland State Police is to fulfill its role as the State's lead coordinating law enforcement organization committed to pride, equity, respect and integrity.
- Division of Fire and Rescue Services The mission of the Frederick County Department of Fire/Rescue Services to provide the best quality of professional life safety, fire protection, basic emergency medical treatment, Advanced Life Support, and to mitigate and manage all emergencies for the citizens and visitors of the County.
- Office of the County Attorney The County Attorney's Office will provide the best possible legal services to the Board of County Commissioners and all County boards and agencies.
- Frederick County Sheriff's office The Frederick County Sheriff's Office is a full service law enforcement agency; an arm of the court, and a keeper of offenders.
- Frederick County Treasurer's Office The Treasurer and her staff strive to provide prompt, courteous service to Frederick County taxpayers and the public in general
- American Airlines As the largest airline in the world, we have a lot to offer our customers in the U.S. and around the globe.
- Appalachian Trail The Appalachian Trail in Maryland follows a forty-mile route along the backbone of South Mountain, a north-south ridge that extends from Pennsylvania to the Potomac River
- Department of Highways and Transportation To develop and maintain County highway network including roadways, bridges, culverts and traffic control and safety programs.
- D M Bowman Inc We exist to:Provide our customers with safe, reliable and courteous service; Conduct our business in a professional manner and to rely on honest and open communications; Operate with maximum productivity.
- InterMove Global The fastest growing Freight Shipping company In cyberspace
- Northwest Airlines Northwest Airlines is the world's fourth largest airline. Northwest and its travel partners serve more than 900 cities in more than 160 countries on six continents
- The BusBank If you're looking for the easiest, most reliable and cost-effective way to charter a bus, you're in the right place.
- Cunningham Falls State Park Cunningham Falls State Park, located in the Catoctin Mountains, is known for its history and scenic beauty, as well as its 78-foot cascading waterfall.
- Frederick County Department of Parks and Recreation is committed to the highest level of care for our natural and historic resources while making the park facilities and the recreational programs available to allcommitted to the highest level of care for our natural and historic resources while making the park facilities and the recreational programs available to all
- Gambrill State Park Three native stone overlooks, strategically located on the 1600-foot summit of High Knob, midway between the Mason-Dixon Line and the Potomac River, offer excellent and exciting views of the surrounding area.
- Gathland State Park The park includes all of Crampton's Gap, which was the southern most gap fought over during the battle of South Mountain. Fought September 14, 1862, it was the first major battle of the Civil War fought in Maryland.
- Greenbrier State Park Greenbrier is a multi-use park providing many kinds of recreation. The Appalachian Trail passes near the park. The 42-acre man-made lake and beach draw many visitors who enjoy swimming, canoeing, hiking, picnicking, interpretive programs and nature study
- South Mountain State Park This historic park has over 10,000 acres for year-round hiking along the Appalachian Trail
- Frederick County Public Libraries We believe that a free and accessible Public Library is fundamental to a democratic society. The Public Library will provide facilities and an environment which connects people to ideas, experiences and information. The Public Library will meet the current and changing information needs of the community.
- Historical Society-Frederick The Historical Society Library holds a variety of unique materials awaiting discovery. Letters, diaries, Civil War records, maps, genealogies, and books on local subjects all are available for use by historians and genealogists.
- Scientific Library
- Maryland Ensemble Theatre Maryland Ensemble Theatre is the place for art in Mid-Maryland.
- National Museum-Civil War Med The National Museum of Civil War Medicine is the premiere repository of exhibits and artifacts devoted to the technological and procedural advances made in the medical field between 1861-1865. These changes occurred in the midst of tremendous social and economic upheaval.
- Rose Hill Manor Park and Museums "Rose Hill Manor is a gracious lady who welcomes all ages to learn of the rich history that took place behind her doors". Frederick Magazine
- Way Off Broadway Inc
- Weinberg Center For The Arts By providing quality professional arts programs to the community, the Weinberg Center for the Arts, Inc. strives to entice, enliven, educate, and enchant patrons of all ages and interests.